After reading Esther 2:12 I decided to do 12 months of beautification starting this January 1st-December 31st, 2012. This will pertain to understanding why it is important to embrace my womanhood, enjoy being a woman and nurture my femininity everyday. In Esther 2:12 the maidens pamper themselves for twelve months 6 months with oil of myrrh and 6 months with perfumes and cosmetics. I believe that when a woman get to know her self inside as well as outside then she will not allow anyone to treat her below her worth. Many women do not know their worth because they do not take the time to get to know who they are, what they want and what makes them happy. They constantly become who other people want them to be instead of who they truly are within. I decided in 2011 to get to know myself and be true to myself. When you make a choice to be authentic sometimes this may mean the people in your life will change. People who are intimidated by who you are will eventually rotate to the background of your life. It is important to be a thermostat not a thermometer. You should always be the lady setting the temperature and shifting the atmosphere. If you are ready take this 12 month journey with me then first print out the following schedule below:
January – Beauty is only skin deep… Take this month to take care of your skin. Get your massage, facial and spa treatment appointments schedule for this month.
February-Love Is…Do something special for yourself for the next 28 days. Take some time to rest. All women need their beauty rest.
March – Get Well…Spend this month making some goals for your physical health and make changes in your eating habits. Join Weight Watchers or get a trainer or join a gym or even buy those fitness DVDs for Pilate’s, Nintendo wii fitness, zumba etc.
- April- Spring into a new you…Take this month to focus on your emotional state and mental health. If you need someone to talk to schedule an appointment with a close friend, therapist, counselor or spiritual leader in your church. Give yourself time to slow down and put your emotions into perspective.
- May- Time to reconnect….plan a girlfriend’s weekend no kids allowed! To build effective relationships and mutually beneficial relationships you have to connect with positive people who will keep you motivated in your goals.
- June- Vacation, Vacation, Vacation…Take time away from the hustle and bustle of your business or job every woman deserves a little R&R! This month is strictly for you so vacation alone and get some clarity for the next 6 months ahead. This will be your personal retreat.
- July– Fashion is your best friend…Find out what clothes really scream your personality. This month get to know the fashionista on the inside of you. Also reacquaint yourself with makeup tips. (A little makeup will not hurt you.)
- August– Spiritual Connection…Take this month to create and build a more intimate relationship with the Lord. Understand where you are spiritually and then reevaluate where you want to be with the Lord. Also remember the relationship you have with God is between you and Him only. Meditate on this quote for the month:
If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway.
The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway.
For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.”― Mother Teresa
September – Try Something New..Think of one thing you would like to do that you have not done. Think about how this activity will add to your productivity and becoming well rounded. After you do that then it is time to actually step out the boat and immerse yourself in the new activity.
October– Financial Health..Reanalyze where you went wrong in this year and make financial goals to do better before the year is out. Also review how much you have saved and top the dollar amount next year.
- November– Holidays are vastly approaching and you are going to be doing alot of holiday shopping how about you make yourself top priority this year.
- December– The last month of the year, time to make a new vision board and reposition yourself to a successful new year. Begin to write your congratulations letter for the next year to come.