to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor and the day of vengeance of our God,
to comfort all who mourn,3and provide for those who grieve in Zion—
to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes,
the oil of joy instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair.
In the last eight years my life has been filled with pain, loss and a lot of hellish moments. I went from living life like the Jeffersons to Good Times. I went from depending on the world as my source to understanding God is my source. I went from being religious to finding a deeper spiritual connection with God. I went from pleasing everyone else to understanding the power of self-care.
I had a lot of friends but, as I grew I began to downsize. I went from not recognizing my worth to knowing my worth. I went from undervaluing my gift to valuing my gift. I use to have low self-esteem now I am confident & realize what I deserve. I needed other people to validate my life now I live my life according to my own rules with God’s approval. I found myself minding everyone else business until I learned the power in minding my own business.
Recently, this year I went through the loss of a family member. I cannot say I am fully recovered but I gave myself time to step back & heal my way. I believe in the power of rising above challenges because what you go through grows you.
I strive to be my true self no longer rejecting parts of myself to make other people feel comfortable. In this time in my life I am okay with the woman I am becoming. I decided to take control of my life, be happy and make adjustments along the way.
There are six valuable lessons I learned in my life :
1) You cannot do anything without God. If you think you can I guarantee you will be miserable. I know because I tried this method already.
2) Stop comparing yourself to others because you are you. When you start focusing on your own life you become happier and realize how blessed you really are in life.
3) Other opinions do not matter. People have the right to express themselves anyway they want but try not to take other people opinions personal. You do not need other people to validate you.
4) Superhero Syndrome. I use to feel like I had to save everyone and go out of my way to make sure they were okay. However, I found out it is not meant for me to save everyone. The people the Lord put in my path are the ones I am assigned too.
5) Heal Your Way. Do not let people tell you how to grieve. Give yourself time to heal properly. It is okay not to be okay.
6) Let God In. God is a gentleman if you want him to be apart of your life He will be. He is just waiting for you to invite him in.
My life is a constant journey but in my journey the Lord has constantly gave me beauty for my life ashes.
Until Next Time Live Bold. Live Loud. Live Authentically.