The year 2020 has taken center stage, and everyone has made their goals, resolutions & vision boards. With the onset of January comes enthusiasm to make our dreams into reality. However, once February steps in, the spark begins to fizzle, and sticking to our vision fades. The dust starts to settle as we find ourselves back to the beginning waiting for a new year to create more goals, resolutions & vision boards.
Does this pattern sound familiar to you? If so, then it’s time to add intention to your year. According to Webster, dictionary intention is defined as an act or instance of determining mentally upon some action or result. This definition can be translated as changing your mindset to create an effect to accomplish your goals. When you are intentional with your new year goals, visions, and more, you can create a year filled with productivity. Many times we go into the new year with the same mindset from the prior year, which generates an insanity cycle. Instead of producing a new year, we produce another monotonous year.
Below I have three simple tips to help you have an intentional 2020!
- Transform Your Mind. Before you can have a fabulous new year in this new decade and leap year, you have to be willing to let go of all negative things in your mind. Make a list of your old beliefs that did not serve you then write new beliefs that will help you accomplish your 2020 goals. (Note: Who do you need/have to become to make 2020 a “new” year?)
- Declutter without restraint. Letting go is hard, but things flow better when you make room for what you desire. When you declutter all areas of your life, it can help you gain clarity. (Note: Do not resist letting go of people, places, and things that no longer serve your life.)
- Take Action. Dreams, goals and visions only become reality when you take action. Small actions eventually will measure bigger actions towards your goals. (Note: Fear, procrastination and making excuses are distractions to keep you from being intentional. Face the fears and replace them will faith and confidence in what you want to accomplish.)
Wow, I can’t believe next week Sunday is my birthday. My 30’s journey has been a beautiful evolution of “self”. I have been able to spend the years of my thirties facing issues of my past, closing the door to my past, making intentional changes to my life and most of all becoming the woman I desire to be.
As a single mom I have endured many hardships and personal setbacks but my 30’s have been my years of reflection, refreshing, starting over again and creating the life I desire.
I have become comfortable in my own skin. I love the woman I have evolved into at this point in my life. However, I know the journey is a continuous process. I am excited about my future ahead.
Since, I am commemorating the last year of my 30’s, I am sharing 39 lessons with you I learned during my 30’s journey.
Here are the 39 lessons I learned in my 30’s:
1. Confidence. Confidence is something that starts within & it is something you work on everyday.
2. No validation needed. You are grown,stop asking for permission.
3. No is a complete sentence. Stop explaining yourself.
4. Mind your own business. It never matters what others are doing. Stay focused on your life.
5. No deprivation. Stop depriving yourself of the things you love & desire.
6. Know Your Worth. You have to know your worth to know what you deserve then you will stop giving discounts to people who undermine your quality.
7. Self-care is important. Self-care is about preservation. You have to put it into practice for all areas of your life (mental, emotional, financial, physical & spiritual).
8. Trust God.
9. Get out your own way.
10. Ask for help.
11. Be gentle with yourself you are doing the best you can.
12. Stop procrastinating.
13. Do it afraid.
14. Get out your comfort zone.
15. Be your own best friend.
16. Speak up. You have a voice use it.
17. Stop chasing. You don’t have to chase a man, friends, people or dreams. All the things meant for you will come at the right time.
18. Travel somewhere new.
19. Date yourself.
20. Believe in yourself.
21. Do what is best for you.
22. Be unapologetic about your greatness.
22. Set boundaries.
23. Spend time with those that celebrate you not tolerate you.
24. Celebrate yourself.
25. Be patience.
26. Saunter through life.
27. Let things flow.
28. Detach yourself from the outcome.
29. Stop the comparison. When you learn to value your life you will feel no need to compare your life to others.
30. Have faith.
31. Smile often, Laugh more.
32. Have fun. Include more bliss, pleasure & enjoyment in your life.
33. Be ok with not being ok.
34. Be vulnerable.
35. Live life. Don’t just exist live your life alive.
36. Reinvent yourself.
38. Pursue your dreams. No matter how old you are you can always pursue the things you desire.
39. Be limitless. Don’t put limitations on your life.
I spent years playing the game of comparison wishing my life would magically change. I was not aware of the fact that I had the power to change my life. The choice lied within one simple decision that I needed to make.
Below is a list of ways you can create the life you love.
1. Be grateful.
2. Create a routine.
3. Break your routine.
4. Write down your goals.
5. Write down your dreams.
6. Be intentional.
7. Make a list of what you love to do.
8. Start doing what you love.
9. Be fearless.
10. Be kind.
11. Love more.
12. Be spontaneous.
13. Make yourself a priority.
14. Implement a self-care routine.
15. Be productive not busy.
18. Read more.
19. Smile more.
20. Look for serendipitous moments.
21. Be confident.
22. Spend money on things you love.
23. Make new friends.
24. Spend time with your loved ones.
25. Celebrate your life.
26. Say No often.
27. Don’t explain yourself to others.
28. Stop seeking validation.
29. Mind your own business.
30. Cultivate a sacred space for yourself.
31. Be mysterious.
32. Travel more.
33. Laugh Often.
34. Delete some people & things in your life.
35. Add some things & people in your life.
Hello Fellow Readers,
I would like to thank all the readers who have been apart of our community for the last five years. Since the blog has moved from Blogger to WordPress it is my desire to not only have readers but it also a goal to create engaging content for the reader. As we create the content you love we hope you also signup for our blog post so it can arrive directly to your inbox.
The Inspirational Corner is noted as a blog to help women evolve into their authenticity. In the past we have geared our articles toward personal development however, in this new reinvention we will now create short story series once a month. The short story series will assist me in the development of writing my up and coming romance novel.
It is important to know our stories will be in correlation with our mission, to provide content to inspire women. The short story series will have a theme each month. Soon we will survey our audience to see what content you would like to read for the short story series.
Our first short story series will be available in the Fall after we have completed our research and survey. It is important to give you (the reader) exactly what you desire. It is our goal to inspire you and assist you in the journey of connecting with your authentic self.
Stylicia A. Bowden, The Inspirational Corner Founder
She wanted her life to change but she was doing the same things producing recyclable results. Everything in her life was stale because she was on the train of insanity. She wanted to jump off the train so she could catch another one leading her somewhere else. She knew this insanity train had ran its final course. So, she decided to be brave and leap to start a new beginning. It was time to do new things, take different risk and make different investments. Once she started the process she realized she became a different person because fear was behind her while faith stood in front of her.
The above scenario is all too familiar for me because I was the girl who over analyzed everything. I wanted to live life but was scared of making the wrong decisions. I envied those who took a leap without second guessing every move. I needed something different to happen in my life. The only way things would change if I made different investments to produce a different outcome. So, in 2016 I am leaping even though we are only two months into this year my life has changed.
You may wonder, how did my life change? Well, I stopped recycling the same unproductive things in my mind. Every year ended the same way because nothing in me really changed. My life had been a constant struggle since I got out the military. However, I could use my youngest daughter’s death and every other tragic thing that happen to me as an excuse to be miserable but I won’t.
True enough, my life has not been a bed of roses but this year I decided to make different choices to get different results. I thought I was living life but to be honest I was not because fear was my best friend. I understand now that life is beautiful when you start to leap. Yes, it is always good to use wisdom, pray or whatever you have to do to feel at peace about taking a risk. But sometimes you only get a once in a lifetime chance to make a decision that can change your life. I started to understand people are scared to take a risk because they love being comfortable. Nothing will ever grow from your state of comfort. In order, to really live life you have to step out of your comfort zone and be okay with being uncomfortable.
My journey has just started but I can no longer go back to the black hole of existing. The hole of existing is a deep depressing miserable place to be. I encourage you to take a leap in your life and watch how many blessings come your way!
Below are three proven ways you can start to Leap:
1) Be like Nike & Just Do It! If you want to go to Paris, quit your job, go to college, travel around the world or anything else I encourage you to just do it. Get a plan and start executing living the life you desire.
2) Invest In You. Investing in yourself will increase your confidence. Confidence gives you a sense of guts to conquer everything you desire. Start to make an investment in yourself so you can get the best possible profit.
3) Keep It Simple. Simplicity is bliss don’t feel the need to over complicate things by over analyzing things. Over analyzing will cause you to miss out on a wonderful life.
These three steps will help you jump start your Leap Year. If you need more motivation go to this link http://tinyurl.com/juqhsq3 topurchase my new eBook as I help you gain the confidence you need to live the life you deserve.
Photo credit https://higherdensity.wordpress.com/tag/matt-kahn/
Holidays are over and now we began to focus on our list of things to accomplish for a new year. It is customary for people to make resolutions, go on a vision board frenzy to declare their path for success. However, as the New Year has boldly proclaimed its entrance it’s time to make sure you have plans to execute your goals.
I stopped making new year resolutions and began to make goals. It was more realistic to me to list my goals than to talk about things I would do for a new year. Goals are more effective because they give you a clear sense of the direction you are willing to take to make your dream a reality. In order to obtain all that is due to you make a list of your goals for each area of your life. After you list your goals then it is time to break them up into smaller goals. Each goal you list should be realistic and obtainable to execute within a certain time frame.
The next step is to create a plan of action to accomplish your goals. It will be important to review all the necessary things you may need to produce each goal. When you do a plan of action you may need to reassess what activities you need to withdraw from and deposit your time into the things that are bringing you closer to your goal. Planning strategically will help you complete each goal successfully. Do not forget to make a calendar timeline for your expected completion dates.
The last thing to do to make your new year goals reachable is execution. Life obstacles will come but you have to stay focused on completing the goals you set forth. The greatest thing to do is to eliminate distractions and surround yourself with people moving in the same direction as you are. It is up to you to keep the vow you made to yourself.
Just remember to Stay Motivated & Kill Procrastination!
As the holidays vastly approach we find ourselves preparing for holiday cooking, holiday shopping and figuring out what we will do for the New Year. However, instead of waiting until the holidays or waiting to make a New Year’s resolution you can take the time to shift your life into a new beginning. Recently, I was faced with the fact that I needed a change so my daughter and I decided to jump on the road to Columbia, which is only an hour in a half from where I live. It was a drive that I needed to clear my mind and shift into my new life. Sometimes in order to take a leap into new beginnings we have to stop looking backwards. When you look backwards it only stifles the growth process.
It can be scary to decide to make a new start in your life but in the end you will feel rejuvenated . Rejuvenation creates a sense of refreshment bringing renewal to your life. No one can embrace new beginnings until they make a decision to move forward from the past. It is important in the last month of this year you begin to look forward, think of all the possibilities your life can bring by accepting a place of newness. Below are a couple tips to help you shift into a new beginning before the New Year.
Tips Into Shifting Into A New Beginning
Launch Out. Stop second guessing yourself and take a leap of faith, launch out into the deep. We often allow fear to hold us back from unfamiliarity but let the unknown be your fuel to push you forward.
Embrace Newness. Do not fight the new but embrace it because when you embrace new things then you can enlarge your life in greater ways.
Change is Good. We often fight change but change is always good. It helps us grow and evolve into a better person.
Why Wait Start Now. Do not wait until a perfect moment or time to start, life is waiting for you to live it to the fullest. The moment is now!
The moment is now shift into your new place!