The year 2020 has taken center stage, and everyone has made their goals, resolutions & vision boards. With the onset of January comes enthusiasm to make our dreams into reality. However, once February steps in, the spark begins to fizzle, and sticking to our vision fades. The dust starts to settle as we find ourselves back to the beginning waiting for a new year to create more goals, resolutions & vision boards.
Does this pattern sound familiar to you? If so, then it’s time to add intention to your year. According to Webster, dictionary intention is defined as an act or instance of determining mentally upon some action or result. This definition can be translated as changing your mindset to create an effect to accomplish your goals. When you are intentional with your new year goals, visions, and more, you can create a year filled with productivity. Many times we go into the new year with the same mindset from the prior year, which generates an insanity cycle. Instead of producing a new year, we produce another monotonous year.
Below I have three simple tips to help you have an intentional 2020!
- Transform Your Mind. Before you can have a fabulous new year in this new decade and leap year, you have to be willing to let go of all negative things in your mind. Make a list of your old beliefs that did not serve you then write new beliefs that will help you accomplish your 2020 goals. (Note: Who do you need/have to become to make 2020 a “new” year?)
- Declutter without restraint. Letting go is hard, but things flow better when you make room for what you desire. When you declutter all areas of your life, it can help you gain clarity. (Note: Do not resist letting go of people, places, and things that no longer serve your life.)
- Take Action. Dreams, goals and visions only become reality when you take action. Small actions eventually will measure bigger actions towards your goals. (Note: Fear, procrastination and making excuses are distractions to keep you from being intentional. Face the fears and replace them will faith and confidence in what you want to accomplish.)
Holidays are over and now we began to focus on our list of things to accomplish for a new year. It is customary for people to make resolutions, go on a vision board frenzy to declare their path for success. However, as the New Year has boldly proclaimed its entrance it’s time to make sure you have plans to execute your goals.
I stopped making new year resolutions and began to make goals. It was more realistic to me to list my goals than to talk about things I would do for a new year. Goals are more effective because they give you a clear sense of the direction you are willing to take to make your dream a reality. In order to obtain all that is due to you make a list of your goals for each area of your life. After you list your goals then it is time to break them up into smaller goals. Each goal you list should be realistic and obtainable to execute within a certain time frame.
The next step is to create a plan of action to accomplish your goals. It will be important to review all the necessary things you may need to produce each goal. When you do a plan of action you may need to reassess what activities you need to withdraw from and deposit your time into the things that are bringing you closer to your goal. Planning strategically will help you complete each goal successfully. Do not forget to make a calendar timeline for your expected completion dates.
The last thing to do to make your new year goals reachable is execution. Life obstacles will come but you have to stay focused on completing the goals you set forth. The greatest thing to do is to eliminate distractions and surround yourself with people moving in the same direction as you are. It is up to you to keep the vow you made to yourself.
Just remember to Stay Motivated & Kill Procrastination!
As 2015 is rampantly coming it is our goal to get all writing deadlines finish before the new year. Writers constantly struggle with the right words, eye catching phrases and hooks to draw readers into their world. I am serious about my writing career becoming something fulltime beyond an expensive hobby. In order to make my writing a fulltime career I have to become serious about changing my writing habits. Gone are the days where I just write to write now I write to breathe, eat and live.
Writing is a passion that I cannot turn off. I want people to be inspired, renewed and feel a sense of comfort when they read my art. Writing is written art because we paint pictures with our words. Below, I have listed a few goals for the new year in my writing career. If you are a writer I encourage you to write down your goals and become intentional to follow through on making your writing career a dream come true.
New Year Goals…..
1) Take a writing course. I plan to take a travel writing course to merge the two things I love travel & writing.
2) Go to a conference. I have been searching high and low for a conference I can attend either for blogging or self publishing. This year I plan to attend a conference in theses genres near my area.
3) Complete my book. I am way behind on completing some chapters for my new book project. I have to play catch up in January.
4) Be a guest blogger. I have been a consistent contributor on Mind Of A Diva blog, in 2015 I want to expand my writing voice to connect with other bloggers as well.
5) International Blogger. It is my intention to create a international writing brand by connecting my writing more to international bloggers.
6) Republish my book. In 2012, I wrote my first inspiring book “The Inspirational Corner” but it did not go anywhere so in my attempt to repolish it I will be republishing my book to add up to date things to it.
The most powerful thing about being a woman is understanding upgrading is a luxury that comes with the maturity of age. ~Stylicia~
2013 is soon to make head way into our lives while 2012 will be a far and distant memory for us. 2012 will be apart of an epic moment but it will be known as our past. The thought of who you are or what you were in 2012 should not be a thought at all. The only thought that should penetrate in your mind is “how will I upgrade myself in 2013”. In this last defining month of 2012 I have really embraced myself on a different level. It seems as if everything around me has been upgraded from hair, clothes, style, and all of thee above. God has taken me on an authentic journey for the last year in a half and next year in April I will celebrate my two year authentic journey; the moment I became a free woman. This month I learned how important it is to embrace living well, feeling well and the finer things in life. We were taught only rich people understand what it means to live good and be comfortable. However, living well is not about money it is a mindset. It is a wealth thing not a rich thing. This month I was able to experience the upgrade which included me crossing over to a new level of class, style and embracing the aging process. An epiphany happen this month I tap into the finer things in life like being grateful for what I have, where I am at and where I am going. I decided to do a 10 day gratitude fast speaking sounds of gratefulness to life, love and to the Lord. God has been very good in my life but I took it for granted and did not give thanks for what I have in the now. Once I started to speak words of gratefulness my life has begun to multiply. I had a great desire to look for quality and not quantity anymore in my life. The upgrade experience started in my internal being which has spilled out like an oil leak to the outer parts of my life. This month I went from Coach purses to Michael Kors purses, from rules to my wardrobe color palette to mix match bright colors, shopping at Express (which I love this store & will always shop there) to shopping at White House Black Market and from a chic short hairstyle to a funky do. I realize in the upgrade experience I started to look more mature as I walk boldly into my womanhood. The upgrade experience has just begun this month which has manifested outwardly, lying dormant inwardly. I can now embrace my sexiness on all levels not being afraid to be a woman who embraces sexiness yet understands elegance is key. It has been such an empowerment for me to allow God to take me through this season of upgrade. I have even upgraded my finances by becoming a better steward of my money and started to save it. It has made me feel so good to at this point in my life to prepare for my future. I prepared for everything else in my life but never for my future. The upgrade experience is an exploration of my whole life transitioning to a new level.
Ask yourself am I ready to take my life to another level in 2013, is it time to upgrade myself internally and externally and if the answer is Yes, spend the last couple of days of 2012 detoxing your mind start fresh in 2013. It’s time for an upgrade experience and 2013 is a great year to start the process.
Cheers To A New You, Well Defined You and Embracing the Finer Things Life has to Offer You!