Hello Fellow Readers,
I would like to thank all the readers who have been apart of our community for the last five years. Since the blog has moved from Blogger to WordPress it is my desire to not only have readers but it also a goal to create engaging content for the reader. As we create the content you love we hope you also signup for our blog post so it can arrive directly to your inbox.
The Inspirational Corner is noted as a blog to help women evolve into their authenticity. In the past we have geared our articles toward personal development however, in this new reinvention we will now create short story series once a month. The short story series will assist me in the development of writing my up and coming romance novel.
It is important to know our stories will be in correlation with our mission, to provide content to inspire women. The short story series will have a theme each month. Soon we will survey our audience to see what content you would like to read for the short story series.
Our first short story series will be available in the Fall after we have completed our research and survey. It is important to give you (the reader) exactly what you desire. It is our goal to inspire you and assist you in the journey of connecting with your authentic self.
Stylicia A. Bowden, The Inspirational Corner Founder
As we wrap up our June Series: Beauty, Books & The Beach we discussed the books you should have on your summer reading rotation, protecting your skin in the hot summer heat & ways you can utilize the beach to help you relax for this summer. Below are the provided the links to give you a recap of June articles.
Summer Reading List
The Skin Files: Summer Skin Protection!
Picture Reference: http://www.lovethispic.com/image/105975/goodbye-june
Summer has officially arrived with kids out of school and beaches packed to capacity. As the heat beats and temperatures rise the greatest place to stay cool and relaxed is at the beach. The beach is my favorite spot to go to when I want to feel the water tingle against my feet and get a clear perspective on my life. It is always soothing to get a good book to read when I am at the beach.
The beach has a magical vibe especially during the week while everyone is working. The soothing swoosh of the waves have a melodic tune. When I look out into the water I get lost and let my thoughts wander aimlessly. It is great sense of healing and therapy to me when life seems to suffocate me.
Below are three ways you can use the beach as your own personal therapist to help you relax this summer:
1) Go Workout At The Beach. It is so refreshing when you decide to take your workout outdoors. It gives you a chance to connect with nature & start your morning off to a positive start. However, taking your morning jog, run or yoga exercise to the beach can be even more relaxing. It will help you connect with your inner self & create a positive mindset for your workout.
2) Meditate At The Beach. Meditation is one of the most important part of my morning routines. Taking your morning meditations to the beach can enhance your mental awareness, assist in your breathing techniques & help you visualize a beautiful picture as you look out in the sea.
3) Read A Book At The Beach. If you are a book lover like me books are a great form of relaxation. It helps you take your mind off the real world and allow you to bury yourself in a world of imagination. It is even more relaxing to take your favorite book to the beach & get lost in the beauty of the beach.
The summer is a great time to relax, unwind & embrace the joys of beach life, might as well get some beach therapy while the weather is still alluring!
The official kick-off of summer starts on June 22nd but the weather has a way of manipulating us to believe summer has started a little early. As school ends for children around the world summer is the best time to pick up a good book to read. If you are a book lover like me picking up a good book is the best thing for mental stimulation and relaxation. Below are a list of books to inspire, empower and uplift you to read during the hot summer months.
2015 Summer Book List
- Happy Women Live Better by Valorie Burton
- Fearless & Fabulous by Cara Alwill Leyba
- Thrive by Arianna Huffington
- What I Know For Sure by Oprah Winfrey
- The 7 Spiritual Laws of Success by Deepak Chopra
- Without Reservations by Alice Steinbach
- Educating Alice by Alice Steinbach
- The Alchemist
- Secrets of A Millionaire Mindset by T. Harv Eeker
- As A Man Thinketh by James Allen
- #GirlBoss by Sophia Amoruso
- How Successful People Think by John C. Maxwell
- Successful Women Think Differently by Valorie Burton
Just For Fun
- A Belle In Brooklyn by Demetria Lucas
In the month of June The Inspirational Corner theme is “Beauty, Books & The Beach”. As summer quickly makes an appearance we will discuss the books you should have on your summer reading rotation, we will discuss tips to keep you cool & beautiful during the hot summer months. Lastly, we will give you tips on why the beach can be the best place to relax this summer.