In the month of April The Inspirational Corner theme is “Writings, Writers & Musings”. In this series we will cover the duty of a writer, different places where you can get inspiration to write and how these places can become your muse. Also we will conduct an interview with a writer/author/poet to celebrate National Poetry Month.
The most sacred thing in life is to cherish your small beginnings and embrace the road bumps. We speed through the road bumps hoping to arrive at our destination quicker but we do ourselves an injustice because learning to slow down, enjoying the view will help us appreciate the journey ahead. When I first started my journey as being a self-published author I was focused on producing content quick, thrusting it out to the public and becoming a household name – to my surprise it did not work that way. I encountered many humbling experiences just to learn that is was never about me. It was my role to impact someone’s life with my words.
When you are a writer you have a responsibility to be able to communicate written and verbal effectively. Sometimes as writers we have poor communication with those around us. I have learned that writing creates worlds which produce reality. Words are powerful they have the ability to alter someone’s life permanently. Writers are like superheroes we have the power to inspire, uplift, educate and empower someone who reads our written work. We can never take our talent lightly it holds a lot of weight. Since I have been writing professionally for the last six years I came to the conclusion that being transparent is powerful.
People who are looking for the answer to their life problems need transparency, authenticity and honesty. As a writer if we cannot write from a place of sincerity it leaves the reader feeling empty searching for a solution. Our mission as writers is to connect the dots mentally, emotionally and visually for our readers. I encourage you to never leave the reader hanging if God has given you the gift to write, write without hesitation but most of all write with a purpose!
Mantras are defined as reaffirming words that have the power to define and shape your life. Mantras are the puzzle pieces that glue your life together. I believe mantras can help you speak into existence the life you desire to live. Regular quotes we recite on a daily basis can become our mantras in life. This month I decided to create a personal life mantra to stay focus on the life I want to cultivate. It has been a great experience for me because when I have down days I remember my mantra, Live, Laugh, Love. I wanted to live more, laugh more & love more in 2015. Below are simple ways to create a mantra that can give your life a boost to flow in the right direction.
Tips To Create Your Life Mantra
1. Favorite Quotes. Think of your favorite quote and underline the words that stick out to you. Then try to connect a mantra that fits the life you want to create.
2. Words are powerful. Words have the power to create, transform or destroy our lives. It is important to speak positive life giving words instead of words that can create the life we do not desire. Take inventory of all the negative words you say and replace them with positive words.
3. Research. Research key phrases that pinpoint the journey you are currently on in your life.
4. Simplicity. Make sure your mantra is something that is effective and you can remember it. Keep it simple and sweet.
5. Write it down, Recite & Repeat. In order to keep your life mantra present it will be important to write it down and stick it in a visible place you can recite everyday.
These are five simple steps to help you create a life mantra that will keep you inspired, centered and focused on your journey ahead!