The heat is beating down upon your skin all you want to do is go hide in the shade. The sun has become your worst enemy during the projected summer months. The forecast has doomed your skin to more exposure to the heat rays. What can you do to protect your skin during the hot sticky summer months? Well, have no fear as we give you some tips to protect your skin. No matter what shade of the rainbow your are, black, white etc. skin protection is gravely important during this time.
I remember a couple a years ago when I endured the sun burn phenom. The sun left my skin burnt to the crisp due to not reapplying my sunscreen on the beach. My skin still remains two tone from my sun burn and now my skin being protected is a major priority. Below are a few tips to help you savor your skin and survive the summer heat!
Five Tips For Summer Skin Protection
1) Research: Since our body is made up 100% of skin it is our duty to take care of the skin we live in daily. It is important to research the appropriate sunscreen you should utilize for your skin. If you have acne, eczema or other skin irritations consult a dermatologist on which sunscreens will be beneficial for you!
2) SPF Protection: In order to get the most out of your sunscreen make sure you get a sunscreen lotion that at least has SPF 15 broad spectrum. The SPF broad spectrum protects your skin from UVA and UVB rays. If you opt to get a higher SPF protection be aware that a higher SPF protection band is not necessarily better.
3) Key Ingredients: According to David J. Leffell, MD, professor of dermatology and surgery at the Yale School of Medicine in New Haven, Conn it is important to,”look for a sunscreen that contains at least one of the following ingredients: ecamsule, avobenzone, oxybenzone, titanium dioxide sulisobenzone or zinc oxide”. (Reference site: http://www.webmd.com/beauty/sun/whats-best-sunscreen)
4) Reapply: When you are at the beach make sure you reapply your sunscreen when you come out of the water. It might be ideal to get a sunscreen that has a lasting resistant to water or sweat.
5) Cover Every Inch: Do not forget to cover you face during the hot summer months. I f you apply a moisturizer that has an SPF protection it can assist you in protecting your skin. Also wear appropriate clothing to protect your skin such as a wide brimmed hat, long sleeves etc.
Your body is important so take the time to protect the skin you are in!
Reference site: http://www.webmd.com/beauty/sun/whats-best-sunscreen)