Long holiday weekends are warrant for spending time in solitude. This weekend was no exception. After spending the last two months suffering from exhaustion all I wanted to do is simply nothing. I can honestly confess I am tired of going hard; doing more to get more to be more.
When I lived overseas I cherished life in slow motion. Since I’ve been back in the U.S. life on autopilot is the norm. I constantly battle with this insane concept. So, I decided for the next 30 days I will spend time replenishing my mind, body and spirit.
I will take intentional time to slow down and be present in the moment. It is refreshing to be still, marinating in life’s precious moments. Below, I made a list of ways you can replenish yourself.
1. Read your favorite novel.
2. Take a lavender epsom salt bath.
3. Unplug from social media for a day, week, month or year.
4. Take a walk without your phone.
7. Get creative and color.
8. Go to the beach.
9. Watch a sunrise.
10. Watch a sunset.
11. Go to a bookstore.
12. Staycation; reserve a hotel room in your local town.
13. Binge watch your favorite Amazon Prime show or Netflix episodes.
14. Stay in your house all day.
15. Cook your favorite meal.
16. Listen to your favorite music streaming station.
17. Aromatherapy; buy some aromatherapy candles & burn them in your house.
These are just a few ways you can replenish your mind, body and spirit. I dare you to make your own list and spend a day, week or month in replenishment. How are you going to replenish yourself this summer?